Departure information for tenants
staying in Pax
When your departure date (the last day of your contract) is near, you will receive an email with departure information. We ask that you read the information and follow the instructions below before your departure.
Preparing for departure
You need to clean the room properly (see checklist below) and leave it in a satisfactory condition. There is a cupboard with cleaning equipment in the kitchen.
Failure in doing so will result in our withholding part, or the total amount, of the deposit paid. SEK 500 per commenced work hour is charged.
Do you have a new address in Sweden?
If necessary, notify bank, tax office and social authorities of your new address (a general change of address is done by phone to Svensk Adressändring at 0771- 97 98 99 or by internet).
KI Housing will remove your name from the postal box after your departure. Any letters addressed to you will be delivered to the new address.
Time of departure
Departure on a weekday: We kindly ask you to leave the room and return the keys to the key return box no later than 9 o’clock in the morning on the day of your departure.
Departure during weekends and holidays: Please return the keys to the key return box during the day of your departure.
Please put your keys in the plastic bag you received when you moved in (it should be marked with your name and room number).
The key return box is located on the main entrance floor, at Emmylundsvägen 1. You can enter the building by using your key tag. You will find the key return box on the wall, next to the main entrance (on your right hand side).
– remove the mattress and clean the bed (including the wooden legs)
– wipe off the doors, lamps, chest of drawers, desk, chair and cupboards with a wet cloth
– clean the window and window boards
– if you have moved any piece of furniture we kindly ask you to return it to its original place
– clean the washbasin (inside and outside)
– vacuum clean and wet clean the floor including the skirting boards
– please remove all personal belongings and garbage
– wipe off the mirror
– clean the shower, WC and washbasin (inside and outside)
– clean the floor drain (remove the lid and clean underneath it)
– wash the shower curtain (at maximum 60º C)
– empty and clean your space in the refrigerator, freezer, cupboards and drawers in the common kitchen
After the departure
How was your stay?
We hope that you had a great time in Stockholm and that you enjoyed being our tenant. KI Housing strives to make your stay as satisfying as possible so we kindly ask you to take a moment to complete our tenant satisfaction survey and let us know what you think about our accommodation.
Your comments and thoughts are important to us, and we appreciate you taking time to share them. In our efforts to provide good service, we take all of your comments into consideration.
The survey should take about ten minutes to complete. In order to begin the survey, please click on this link.
Your deposit will not be returned automatically. You need to fill out the deposit reclaim form within two months after the day of your departure, otherwise the deposit will be withheld.
In order to get your deposit back, please follow the instructions at this link. When we have received the correct information, your deposit will be returned within one month. Please note that the deposit will only be refunded to you if the keys are returned on time and the departure inspection is approved.