Are you an international student or researcher and have been admitted to KI? If so, you might wonder how to prepare for your time in Sweden. Here are some tips of how to start:
– Apply for housing: As soon as you know your date of arrival, you can apply for accommodation through KI Housing. See more information about who can apply, how to apply and when to apply at this link.
– Residence permit: Students/researchers from non-EU countries must apply for a Residence permit. The digital ambassador Winner Ng has written a great blog post about how to make an application for you and your family.
– Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the return to your home country.
– Review your insurance coverage before arriving to Sweden: All students at KI are advised to have their own insurance for illness and accidents. For more information, see this link.
– Contact your bank and make sure that you will have access to your bank account while in Sweden.
Want more information about how to prepare for your arrival in Sweden? Below, we have compiled some links to websites providing useful information: