When do I have to apply to be certain of receiving a room offer?

As our applicants ask for accommodation for a limited time and usually from a certain date, it is difficult to estimate when you have to apply for housing. In each case it depends on the availability of accommodation and the demand for accommodation during the specific period.

If the applicant comes through a central agreement or a certain exchange program, they may have priority. Other international students and researchers are offered the remaining rooms. The availability depends on the number of accepted priority students.

I am an exchange student/fee-paying master and would like to bring my partner. Can I get an apartment through KI Housing?

Exchange students and fee-paying masters are only prioritized for our dorm rooms and those are intended for single occupancy only. You can apply for an apartment but you will not have priority and you need to send us an email asking to add apartments as alternatives on your preference list.

I am an exchange student/fee-paying master. Can I be certain of receiving a room in the accommodation area I applied for?

As there are many exchange students/fee-paying masters coming, you cannot be certain to be offered a room in your first preferred area. Make sure to apply for several areas (Strix, Pax, Jägargatan and KI Residence Flemingsberg) to increase your chances.

What students have priority for accommodation at KI Housing?

Undergraduate exchange students and tuition fee-paying master students have priority to our rooms at Strix, Pax, KI Residence Flemingsberg and Jägargatan.

What is the difference between an exchange student and a free mover?

An exchange student comes to KI through a central bilateral exchange agreement, and has got an invitation letter from one of the international student coordinators at KI.  The name of the student, the name of the student coordinator at KI, that you are an exchange student and what courses you are participating in must be written in the acceptance letter. The exchange student is here during a limited amount of time (usually one or two semesters). The period of study must be written in the acceptance letter as well. Click here to see an example of an acceptance letter that exchange students receive.

Free movers are international students who organize their studies independently, without being a part of any exchange program. These students have applied for a course, a full program, or organized their internship or traineeship by themselves. These students do not receive the same invitation/acceptance letter as the exchange students.

Page manager: Louise Richardson