When should the deposit be paid?

There is no general deadline for paying the deposit since each applicant has his or her own deadline for paying the deposit. The due date is clearly stated on the deposit invoice.

Why do I have to pay a deposit?

A security deposit of SEK 2000 is always charged. If there would be any damages or if the room/apartment is not left in a satisfactory condition, a part of the deposit (or the total amount) will be used to cover the costs for cleaning and repair. If everything is in order, the full deposit will be repaid to you.

What is included in the rent?

Electricity, water and heating are included in the rent. Please note that home insurance is not included in the rent. It is therefore important that you sign up for home insurance before moving in. For more information about home insurance, please see this link.

How do I cancel my contract?

The tenant has a notice time of two months for cancelling a contract during the time of lease. This means that you are obliged to pay rent for two months from the day when your request for terminating your contract was sent. The request for terminating your contract has to be sent by email to your booking coordinator.

Why does my apartment have two different numbers?

The Swedish Parliament, the Riksdag, has decided that all housing units are to be listed in a national housing register. The apartment you live in has been given a new number in the housing register being developed by Lantmäteriet.

The ”old” system may still be the one used by the landlord and also by us, and therefore the numbers may differ in some of our accommodation areas. The correct number to give to the tax office is the four digit number that is written like (#xxxx) on your rental invoice.

Can I have guests staying in my room?

You can have over-night visitors in your room as long as it does not disturb other tenants. However, you are not allowed to have guests staying in your room on a regular basis.

If you are staying at Jägargatan, please note that you have to inform our service coordinator Helena if you will have an over-night visitor in your room.

If you are staying in a shared apartment in the area KI Residence Flemingsberg, you need to ask your neighbor whether it is fine to have an over-night visitor or not since the bathroom is shared.

I will be away for a couple of weeks, can I sub-let my room/apartment?

No, the tenant is not allowed to sublease the room/apartment. Failure in following this rule will result in termination of the contract.

Is it possible to extend my contract?

Request for an extension of a contract needs to be made by email to your booking coordinator two calendar months before the end of the current contract. However, the maximum rental time is one year and unfortunately we cannot extend it any further.

Am I allowed to share a dorm room with a partner or friend?

Our dorm rooms are intended for single occupancy only (except from our two dorm rooms ensuite at Vårbergsvägen 63) and you are not allowed to share the room with anyone.

Page manager: Louise Richardson