KI Housing has an ongoing communication with Folkhälsomyndigheten (the Public Health Authority) and follow all guidelines provided.
The current guidelines provided by Folkhälsomyndigheten are the following:
You are obliged to take precautionary measures to protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19. You should think about how you can avoid getting infected and how you can avoid infecting others. You should show consideration for your fellow human beings. This is especially important in relation to vulnerable persons.
In order to avoid the spread of COVID-19, you should:
1. Stay at home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
2. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, or use hand sanitizer.
3. Stay up-to-date with any specific recommendations issued by the Public Health Agency of Sweden and the regional medical officer.
Limit any new close contacts
You should limit your new close contacts by only mixing with the people whom you usually meet. For example, this can include the people you live together with or a small number of friends or people from outside your household.
If you meet people other than those in your smaller circle, you should avoid being in close proximity to one another, especially in confined spaces for extended periods of time.
Maintain your distance from others and avoid crowded settings
You should keep your distance from other people. It is especially important when spending a longer period of time with someone and when you are indoors.
You should avoid locations such as shops, shopping centres and public transport if they are crowded. If it’s possible, you should shop alone and should not stay in places such as shops for a longer time than it is necessary.
Guidelines for KI Housing tenants (based on the guidelines by Folkhälsomyndigheten)
– If you would start feeling symptoms that could be Covid-19 it is important that you book a test, and that you isolate yourself in accordance with the recommendations.
– All tenants are recommended to keep a good hand hygiene and to regularly wash their hands with soap and water (minimum 30 seconds). Alcohol-based hand rub are provided in the KI Housing corridors at Jägargatan and Pax.
– Clean common areas often. Daily cleaning is provided at Jägargatan, where tenants share bathroom as well as kitchen. In all other areas tenants are themselves responsible for cleaning.
– Maintain at least 2 metres distance between yourself and anyone
– Avoid touching your face.
We encourage you to communicate and help each other as much as possible. If you are staying in a student corridor where several tenants share kitchen, we ask you to wait if there are several tenants in the kitchen in order to minimize the risk of crowding. If anyone in the corridor is feeling ill, a good suggestion might be to offer your help to go to the grocery store or cook in order to make it easier for the person(s) to isolate themselves.
Information for staff and students at KI
At this link, KI has compiled recommendations for students and staff regarding Covid-19. Note that these recommendations may be updated on short notice.
KI Housing office
In order to reduce any spread of the virus, the KI Housing staff will be working remotely until further notice. Due to the current situation, no appointments can be made. If you have any questions or need to discuss something with us, we ask you to contact us by email or phone. Emails and phone calls will be answered as usual on weekdays between 9 and 15.30 (9-15 on Fridays). Contact details to the KI Housing staff can be found at this link.
Guidelines for maintenance service considering Covid -19
Below we have compiled our current guidelines for maintenance service:
– All KI Housing staff working in our housing areas must be completely symptom free at any given time.
– If you feel the slightest symptoms of illness and need to make a maintenance report, we ask you to inform us so that we can take it into account.
– As a preventive measure, we ask tenants to not be at home when the maintenance issue will be handled. Our maintenance staff will contact you in advance.
Note that if your maintenance request is being handled by the landlord, other guidelines may apply.
See this link for further information about our maintenance service.